How to apply Pan Card Online?
Introduction to Pan Card Details
The term PAN stands for Permanent Account Number. It is a unique identification card authorized by the Indian Income Tax Department. Under the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961, this identification card is used. Under section 139A of this act the card and its link are used. It provides an important proof for identification. But, we should know how to apply for a pan card online.
Structure of PAN Card
Each PAN card carries a unique number. It is called PAN number which is unique for each and every person. This number is constructed with 10 characters. A special structure should be followed for this number. We fillup the Pan Card form online.
- The first three are the alphabet in the upper case which is forming a sequence from AAA to ZZZ.
- The next fourth character is a letter. It stands as a unique identity.
- A— Association of persons (AOP)
- B— Body of Individuals (BOI)
- C— Company
- E– LLP (limited liability partnership)
- F— Firm
- G— Government
- H— HUF
- L— Local authority
- J— Artificial juridical person
- P— Individual or Person
- T— Trust (AOP)
- The fifth to ninth character carries the first character of a person’s name or surname or name of any trust or society or any organization.
- The last character carries an alphabet.
How to Apply for Pan Card online?
Applying for the Pan Card by Online process:
It is applied through the online process. The application is submitted on these two government authorized websites, the NSDL website, or the UTIITSL website. The following steps are available for application.
- First, submit the application form 49A which is available on site.
- Next, fill the application.
- Then finish the payment process.
- For Indian communication Rs. 93 and for foreign Rs. 864 fees are required.
- Finally, the supporting documents are sending through courier or post to NSDL.
The supporting documents are identity proof, address proof, and birth certificate.
Applying for the Pan Card by Offline process :
Download the PAN Correction Form.
- Fill the form carefully and submit at NSDL or UTIITSL collection center.
- One photocopy keeps for future problems.
- A letter of jurisdictional Assessing Officer required.
- After submitting the form an acknowledgment slip provided.
- This slip will send to the NSDL or UTIITSL office.
The full processing to generate a pan card will take the time of about 15 days.
Process for correction in PAN card
If any correction is required it should be able to change very easily.
- First, go to the NSDL or UTIISL
- Fill the correction in the PAN application form.
- Rewrite the data.
- Make the payment as a new application charge.
- Finally, send the new application to NSDL by post or courier.
PAN Card address change process
This is very important information for migrated people. There is no address print on the pan card but it required applying. Because the PAN card hard copy is sent to the mentioned address by post. So, to change the address offline 49A application form should fill up.
- First, go to the official site of NSDL or UTIISL.
- Then visit the PAN section.
- Next, select “Change/Correction in PAN Data”.
- Then click ‘Changes or Correction in existing PAN data/Reprint of PAN Card (No changes in Existing PAN Data)’.
- From the ‘Category’ dropdown menu, choose the correct category of the assets.
- Next, update the address and fill the Captcha and submit.
- The correction charge will be applied. If the address is within India then Rs. 110 required.
- Otherwise, Rs.1020 is required outside of India.
PAN – Aadhar link
According to Government, his linking process is mandatory. It follows some easy steps.
- Go to the Income Tax e-filling site.
- Fill the PAN and aadhar number, name, and birth year according to Aadhar Card.
- Then submit the Captcha code. Finally, click the “Link Aadhar ” to complete the process.
- Type UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhar number><10 Digit PAN> in the SMS section
- Send it either 567678 or 56161.
How to track your own PAN Card?
After completing the application process, it can easily track to know about the stats of the PAN card. We can track the process do through both NSDL or UTI website. So, the process of tracking is very easy.
- First, go to the NSDL or UTI site.
- Then, select the Application Type and click on “PAN-New/Change Request”.
- Then, put the Acknowledge Number which is given during application time.
- Finally, click the submit option.
Through SMS :
- Type UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhar number><10 Digit PAN> in the SMS section and send it either 57575
- Through call: dial 022-27218080 and submit the PAN acknowledgment Number.
What is e-PAN?
Moreover, it is a virtual card that contains the holder name and 10 digits unique number. So,It is available on the NSDL portal and UTIITSL portal. E-Pan card contains
- Permanent Account Number
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- QR Code
How to download an e-PAN card?
NSDL and UTIITSL websites allow downloading. It is fully free of cost for one month after application. Holder will apply for Pan Card reprint on the above website and then able to download the e-PAN otherwise not. UTIITSL takes an Rs.8.26 charge for download and therefore, it can be pay through online methods.
How to find the PAN card office near you?
The total process of PAN is online. If rise any problem with PAN card, solution is also available online. But there are some issues which need to go to the office. So we need to know where the PAN office. It is also simple. First, check it by visit https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/ site or https://www.trackpan.utiitsl.com/. Inside the page choose the location that you want. So, this page provides you all the authorized PAN offices.
PAN Card Customer Service
Head Office :
Mumbai (022) 2499 4200
- Ahmedabad (079) 26461375
- Chennai (044) 2814 3917 /11
- Bengaluru (080) – 40407106
- Hyderabad (040) – 44334178
- Jaipur (0141) 2366347
- Kochi (0484) – 2933075
- Kolkata (033) 2290 4243 / (033) 2290 4246
- Lucknow (0522) 6672325
- New Delhi (011) 2335 3814 / (011) 2335 3815
- Overall India ph no: 91 33 40802999
From this site, anyone can search the required location and it will provide the subsequent office and contact.